|RACE WINNER Subaru WRX STi Typr RA, Group N|
98’ SUBARU WRX STi, TYPE RA Group N RACE CAR (Road Racing)
Origin: Purchased new, factory built WRX STi, Type RA racecar. Built for the ’98 and ’99 Asia Ericssion Cup Asia. Group N.
Race History: Raced in Malaysia (1st in ’98), Philippines (3rd 99), Thailand (2nd 99), Zhuhai, China (1st in 99), and Macau. Finished 2nd at the Macau GP in 1999 no DNF.
Original Equipment: This car was ran with a full roll cage, 280 hp stock engine, stock body and wing, STI brakes and up graded STI suspension when raced in Asia as a Group N Spec. class.
This car was shipped back to California after 2 seasons (12 races plus practice) and used for occasional club racing. Raced in Sears Point, Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, Phoenix (PIR) and Willow Springs.
This car is well taken care of, never crash, spun once in the rain.
Well sorted chassis, balance and great handling despite its hefty 2600 lb. race weight. Highly competitive running stock boost of 0.9 bar. It has never run over 0.9 bar boost for engine longevity and reliability. Beats Porsches and many 450 plus hp Subarus and Evos. Consistant 1:30 at Willow Springs.
The engine is untouched except for fine tuning and thorough pre-race prep. Total mileage on engine and chassis 6000 km. Current conservative HP estimation: 300
Much more room for HP and performance increase.
Minor modifications were made after the car returned to California with all J-Spec. racing components:
1. J-spec, body kid, nose, side skirt, carbon fiber trunk lid and carbon rear wing & rear diffuser.
2. Race coil over suspension
3. STi carbon front tower brace
4. Adjustable Cusco rear sway bar, Sti front sway bar
5. Adjustable camber
6. Front Brambo Brakes, stock type RA rear
7. Relocated battery box
8. Front mount intercooler
9. Ram air intake
10. Stainless equal length exhaust hearers
11. 3” down pipe and stainless exhaust and silencer
12. New Turbo
13. Apex turbo blow off valve
14. Adjustable boost control, new instrument gauges including boost, exhaust temp., etc.
15. Reversed carbon hood scoop
16. Carbon headlight covers
17. Near new Sparco seat & 6 point harness
18. Volk Racing T34 17”X7 wheels.
19. New Avon racing tires
20. Carbon shift knob
21. New circuit kill switch
22. Head-up display for speed and RPM for night racing
23. Laxen front & rear windshield (with air outlets) and rear windows
24. DS Gekins race clutch
Parts that goes with sale:
1 set stock STi alloy wheel
2. Stock hood scope
3. Stock aluminum trunk lid
4. Glass windshield and window
5. 1 matched color additional carbon wing
6. 1 rear left door complete in silver from another car
Much money was spent on this well sorted one of a kind racecar, fast, reliable and fun…$22,000, could easily converted for rally racing. Also ’93 Mazda Xedos ex-BTCC Super Touring Car for sale. Please inquire.