Race Car Transport
Chief Engineer/Race Team Manager
An interesting and exciting opportunity to join Bill Shepherd Mustang’s Historic Race Team working with the V8 greats from the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s, including Cobras, Galaxies, Falcons, Thunderbirds and, of course, Mustangs, managing and building a team.
- Race car preparation of existing team cars – improving to World Class standard.
- Restoration and race car build of new projects – race and custom.
- Development and technical evolution of the team cars.
- Race engineering and management - at the very best events (Goodwood, etc) – but only 6-8 events per year.
- Managing the team, hitting objectives.
- Top level experience with race or high-performance vehicles.
- A professional who works to the highest standards.
- Strong mechanical understanding – capable of building cars from the ground up.
- Good understanding of race car and automotive engineering.
- Wide skill set - #1 mechanic plus any combination of fabrication, welding, machining, design skills or race engineering – able to lead by example.
- “Been there, done that” at top level in Motorsport – maybe looking for a slightly more rewarding, less fraught career change.
- A passion for racing and/or Historic race cars of the 50’s to 80’s.
- Interest in American V8’s – big capacity Fords.
- Self-motivated and able to manage projects and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Flexible “can-do” attitude, enthusiasm for the cars, a love of racing and winning.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent job security and good working conditions in a friendly, fun environment with extensive on-site facilities based in Byfleet, Surrey.
£ to match capabilities (circa £50-£65k area).
Please send your full cv together with a covering letter explaining what you would bring to this opportunity to: firstname.lastname@example.org.