Cooper T51 (1959)
Cooper T51 chassis number FII/28/59 was entered into the Cooper Car Company records as 1959 model 1500cc Mk1V Formula II & was sold in October 1959 to John Guthrie owner of SA Power Tool & Equipment Co based in Rhodesia. The car was fitted with FPF Coventry Climax engine.
The car was raced under the Ecurie Rhodes banner at the 1961 & 1962 South African Grand prix. 1962 was the end of international competition for the Guthrie 51.
In 1987 the car was repatriated to the UK, sold & restored to pre'61 Grand Prix form, fitted with a 2 litre Climax engine.
The car was raced with great sucess until 1996 & then sold to a french owner who continued to race the car with the HGPCA until an accident in 2004. The car was then repaired to a high spec both mechanially & cosmetically until it was sold to the cars current owner.
FII/28/59 has since been prepared & maintained for its current owner by Hi-Tech Motorsport.
The car is well prepared & ready to race having recently had a fresh engine rebuild. FII/28/59 offers a competitive route in to racing within the HGPCA.
Seller's other ads
|Trade or Private:||Private|
|Share by Email Print page Report Sold|