Mazda MX5 MK1 Race Car
Mazda MX5 MK1 BRSCC Championship Race Car
Kent MX5 Services offer for sale our MX5 MK1 Championship race car, as raced by 2019 British karting Champion Zak Oates in the final round of this season at Brands Hatch.
Built May’20 from a MOT’d donor car, and spec is:-
- Front and rear subframes shotblasted and powdercoated.
- All wishbones shotblasted and powder coated and fitted with full IL Motorsport competition bush set.
- New 4kg Lifeline Zero 2000 fire extinguisher system.
- New FIA Cobra Monaco Pro seat.
- New 6 point 3” TRS safety harness. (2025)
- Recently services Gaz shocks.
- Full lightweight skeleton wiring harness.
- 1 event old competition Mintex brake pads all round.
- Varley lightweight battery.
- Longacre switch gear.
- IL Motorsport stainless steel competition exhaust system.
- Heavy duty clutch.
- Hel braided brake lines.
- 1 event old rebuilt “Barra Motorsport” differential (£800)
- Aluminium radiator.
- Full silicon hose kit.
- FIA front and rear towing eyelets.
- Full Racelogic Vbox datalogging and lap timing system.
- Full spare set of Rota wheels with good Avon tyres.
- Extensive spares package including panels, engine electronics, wishbones, rear light clusters etc.
Very quick 3 event old engine. Was removed from a damaged race car that had done 1 event. Fully rebuilt and blueprinted bottom end on standard bore, skimmed and worked cylinder head. Due to Covid restrictions, we have been unable to rolling road the car, but according to the Vbox max speed figures compared to our in house works engines, it is matching the same top speeds. From our experience, we therefore estimate the engine to be around 101 to 105bhp ( max allowed 105bhp).
This is a well built, extremely lightweight front running car in the right hands. Top 10 at Brands with first time driver amongst the quick cars. The car required 35kg of ballast with the last driver to make the minimum weight, and is fully set up including corner / crossweighting.
£6995 without Vbox
£7895 with Vbox
Kent MX5 Services has over 30 years in the motorsport industry with many race wins and championships under our belt in various disciplines.
· BRSCC MX5 Supercup 2016 Champions
· BRSCC MX5 MK1 2016 Masters Champions
· BRSCC MX5 MK1 2016 Championship Runners Up
· BRSCC MX5 MK1 2014 Champions
Seller's other ads
|Company||Kent MX5 Services|
|Trade or Private:||Trade|
|Share by Email Print page Report Sold|