Ginetta G16 (Sold) - SOLD
This is now SOLD. Search for similar items.
With current FIA Appendix K HTP this car is eligible for a wide variety of series and races. It is currently running in HSCC Guards Trophy spec.
Chassis 008 is the last of the series built by Ivor Walklett and fitted with a Craig Beck BMW E10 4 cylinder engine and a Hewland FT200 5 speed gearbox, both fairly fresh. I have spent the last two years and a lot of money (invoices available for inspection) to bring it up to proper race car spec, principally with professional race preparers Nine-W. The development has been overseen by well-known and respected historic racer Mark Hales. In his view this is now a proper race car which only requires final set up to suit the new owner. He is willing to answer any questions a potential purchaser might have.
A G16 has won the HSCCs Guards Trophy against considerable Chevron B8 opposition and this car has been developed with the same intention in mind. Work done includes:
· Total replacement of all major suspension components
· Strip down of the gearbox with replacement gears and dog rings
· Re-manufacture of the gearbox linkage using helicopter joints
· Rolling road test for torque curve and bhp
· New engine mounts
· Re-design of fuel tank mountings
· All hoses replaced with Aeroquip
· New air filters to gain an extra 8bhp
· Quick release steering wheel
· Thicker rear anti-roll bar
· Shocks and springs tested and rated
· Bodywork adjustments to prevent front end lift (without compromising FIA requirements)
· Oil cooler shifted to improve cold airflow
· Professional set-up for corner weights, suspension settings
· Re-designed cockpit layout for driver ease
· Test development programme to identify improved set-up opportunities
It is for sale at below total purchase and development cost because Covid-19 has given me a cashflow problem. At this price it is less than half of a well sorted B8 and is a bargain. It is also much prettier!