Superformance GT40 Mk1
I am thrilled to offer for sale this fabulous Superformance GT40 with MK1 body, finished in classic American racing colours of Wimbledon White with Viper blue painted livery.
Superformance GT40’s are constructed as a formal continuation of the original cars with the name GT40 genuinely afforded to their cars, still carrying the same prototype style P chassis numbers recorded in the Shelby Ford register and without doubt are built to be the same experience as driving a car straight off the race track in the ’60s – raw, thrilling, engaging, dynamic, utterly brilliant and I am speaking from experience, I own one!
Many reading this will already know that during the second half of the 1960’s Le Mans was dominated by the Ford GT40 MK2 and MK1’s, claiming unsurpassed results and of course legendary status. The recent Hollywood film again highlighted how hard Ford strived at beating Ferrari in the 24hr race and what a success it became. To this day, a GT40 is one of the most admired racing cars of all time and the exhaust noise….. well that is something else.
Superformance’s central monocoque and roof section is an exact re-creation of the original utilising pressed steel (with modern galvanisation) to manufacture the stiffest possible chassis, mated to fully independent suspension and clothed in the highest quality composite one piece body clams that are easily removable for servicing.
First UK registered in 2014 in right hand drive, the GT40 offered for sale is chassis number #P2303 and built with perhaps more than 75% of its construction interchangeable with the originals, there are also added benefits to this car with a majority of the components fitted from the “GT40R” model, such as the 4 point roll-bar, electrical cut off, large running lights, front dive planes, adjustable Gurney tab rear wing and single bonnet scoop for improved cooling; all adding to the experience and driving enjoyment.
Ordering a new Superformance GT40 has over a 1 year waiting list, so this is a perfect opportunity to own a spectacular and upgraded version of a GT40 ready for the summer.
Full specification includes:-
- Exterior in Wimbledon White with paint Viper blue livery
- Interior in black Alcantara seats with correct riveted perforation
- Steering wheel – Motolita 3 spoke in black leather, removable.
- Willans 4 point harnesses
- Engine: Ford Racing BOSS stroked 363cui, built by Southern Automotive and tested at 450bhp.
- Engine build sheet is available upon request
- Engine management Fuel injection Syvecs system.
- 8 stack throttle bodies
- Exhaust – Bundle of snakes in black ceramic coating with Stainless silencers
- Track day silencers are also supplied (estimated at 105db)
- Body coloured exhaust louvred heat vent
- 5 speed Quaife dogleg gearbox, with correct right hand gear change and fresh from rebuild.
- Adjustable pedal box
- Brakes – Wilwood disk brakes with black callipers, road and race pad sets (recently all new pads and disks)
- Wheels – correct 15″ BRM design centre locks in black with genuine knock on chrome spinners
- Tyres – Avon CR6ZZ period tread with modern compound. Fr/225 and Rr/295 (new tyres 2020 at 6k miles)
- Suspension – original Independent style unequal arms with Bilstein shocks and H&R Springs
- “R” model 4 point roll bar
- “R” model removable Front bumper canard planes
- “R” model Gurney flap – adjustable aluminium rear wing
- Gurney bubble on drivers door (allowing driver at 6’1″ with helmet)
- FIA specification Fire extinguisher cockpit and engine bay plumbed in system
- FIA specification upgraded front brake cooling ducts
- FIA specification and upgraded Le Mans engine and gearbox oil cooling system added
- Upgraded gearbox breather sealed system and catch tank added
- Braided hoses throughout.
- Hub adaptors for Dyno tuning supplied
- Original owners manual with data and wiring diagrams
- Side windows with openers and helicopter vents.
- Carpet set which is removable
- Indoor cover
- Air Conditioning
- 12V charging points
The vendor is the 2nd keeper and has owned the car for most of its life, completing annual servicing along with many of the upgrades and improvements over the years.
Most recently over winter, they have carried out an engine out rejuvenation that included the gearbox being overhauled and upgraded, shock absorbers rebuilt, suspension joints refreshed and repainted, all consumables serviced and a overall beautification of the engine bay and exhaust coating.
Please call me to discuss your interest and to arrange a viewing.
Finance can be arranged.
All our cars are thoroughly cleansed prior to sale using surgical grade products, this is to ensure all areas are sanitised for the new owner.
Covered delivery with interior protective coverings is available, please ask for details & T&C’s.
Any PPF fitted is not constituted as part of the vehicle and is excluded from the terms of sale
This car is not vat qualifying.
Note that due to client wishes, not all vehicles available are advertised. Please call me to discuss your exact search requirements.
Seller's other ads
|Company||Alastair Bols ltd|
|Trade or Private:||Private|
|Share by Email Print page Report Sold|