1981 Rover 3500 SD1 Group 2
- An icon of South African motorsport in the 1980’s
- Participation in FIA World Sportscar Championship races
- 2019 Historic Touring Car Challenge championship winning car
- Race-ready condition
- Maintained regardless of cost by leading preparer, Blakeney Motorsport.
- Eligible for Peter Auto HTC and Motor Racing Legends HTCC
Touring Car or Sports Car? The lines blur with the fascinating competition history of this thunderous, 3.5 litre, 400bhp, Rover SD1.
Built new to Group 2 specifications by Dave Price Racing in 1981 for a competition career in South Africa with the O’Sullivan brothers, the car become somewhat of a local icon, competing in a wide variety of events, including two rounds of the FIA World Endurance Championship and two 9-hour endurance races at Kyalami.
Restored by Goodwood TT winners, BGM Sport, for historic racing in 2015, this SD1 has since become a championship winner, taking Motor Racing Legends’ Historic Touring Car Challenge title in 2019 with current preparer, Blakeney Motorsport (also a Goodwood TT winner).
Suitable for Motor Racing Legends' HTCC, and Peter Auto’s Heritage Touring Cup, the car is truly ready-to-race and accompanied by an extensive spares package.
FULL INFORMATION AND MANY MORE IMAGES AT: www.samhancock.com
(offered on behalf of the owner)
Seller's other ads
+44 (0)20 7871 3628
+44 (0)7956 100 439
|Trade or Private:||Private|
|Share by Email Print page Report Sold|