Championship-Winning Formula Ford Complete Package
PRICE REDUCTION - New tyre set now sold
A truly unique opportunity to acquire a complete Double-championship-winning formula ford 1600 outfit! We have built this bespoke solution over 11 years of competition and selling now due to retirement from racing.
This is our complete FF1600 racing package, used by us to achieve the 2019 Scottish Formula Ford Championship, many race wins, pole positions, fastest laps and countless podiums. Sale as an entire outfit is preferred.
Complete Package Details:
Purchased by us in 2015 directly from Medina Sport, who converted it to their highly-acclaimed Kent design from the base RF99 chassis in 2012. It had only done a handful of races since conversion at the time. Raced by us in the Scottish FF1600 Championship since, with only one race each at Cadwell Park & Oulton Park outside of this.
Record in Scottish FF1600:
2015 = 13 races, 9 podiums, 1 pole, 3rd overall
2016 = 8 races, 1 win, 5 podiums (part-season)
2017 = 11 races, 1 win, 5 podiums, 1 pole, 3rd overall
2018 = 12 races, 5 podiums, 4 poles, 2nd overall
2019 = 12 races, 7 wins, 12 podiums, 6 poles, 1st overall
2020 = 7 races, 2 wins, 6 podiums, 3 poles (no champ)
2021 = 8 races, 8 wins, 8 podiums, 8 poles, 1st overall
Rolling Chassis Features & Highlights:
- JL012K Chassis by Medina Sport
- Quantum double-adjustable dampers front & rear
- AIM dash with lap time, speed, revs, g-force, oil pressure & water temp functionality
- lightweight differential (by JPR Silverstone)
- UPGRADED Medina Sport adjustable pickup rear suspension (2017 – for quick wet weather setup)
- UPGRADED lightweight Medina Sport driveshafts (2021)
- Gearbox regularly serviced & superfinished (including spare gears) by JPR Silverstone (last done prior to 2021 season)
- Always maintained to the highest race-winning standard with regular maintenance & nut/bolt level replacement using genuine Medina Sport parts whenever needed
Extremely strong Bold engine purchased by us in mid-2017 and maintained regularly by Bold since. A conrod bolt failure in 2020 pre-season meant it had a complete ground-up rebuild to the latest specification in all aspects, including a BRAND NEW block, for the shortened 2020 season. Only 8 race weekends plus one test day since.
Engine Features & Highlights:
- Strong Engine with full latest spec including;
- Farndon Crank
- Scat Con Rods
- New Ford Motorsport Block
- Alloy Titan Sump
- Lightened Flywheel
Reference & history available from Neil Bold Engineering.
2011-reg Mercedes Sprinter LWB & High Top with a complete bespoke fit-out for FF1600 racing. Purchased by us in 2018 with one previous owner at the time. Maintained by us and reliably transported us around Scotland and to Oulton/Cadwell since.
Basic Van Details:
- 208,373 miles (as-of September 2021)
- 313 CDI
- Will come with a full new MOT (due October 2021)
- Manual transmission
- Cruise Control
- Bluetooth phone integration
- CD-player & radio media centre
Bespoke FF1600 Fit-Out Details:
- UPGRADED rear springs (for trailer & load stability)
- ADDITIONAL 60ltr compressed air tank included
- BESPOKE Shadow-Board wall storage
- Adequate floor space for spares, paddock base/awning & tools
Brian James flat-bed trailer, bought new in 2008 and maintained by us since, with some bespoke additions for FF1600.
Trailer Details & Features:
- 2600kg max mass
- Ratchet Loader
- Comes with 4x wheel clamps & straps
- BESPOKE extended loading runners to avoid grounding of formula car
- BESPOKE FF1600 cover
- UPGRADED chain-secured runner locks
- Wheel lock & tow-bar lock
Complete awning, ballast, foldable table & chairs all bought new by us in 2016 and proven extremely reliable in the worst Knockhill conditions since!
Paddock Base Details & Features:
- 6m x 3m pop-up gazebo by Sun Leisure
- 46mm Aluminium Hexagonal Frame
- Wheeled carry case
- Full set of heavy-duty side walls (2x custom printed - rest blank) and roof – all with storage boxes
- BESPOKE additional roof panel to provide covered link to van
- Full set of filled sand bags (some with upgraded ballast)
- Additional concrete corner weights
- Fold-up table & 4x stools
- 2x fold-up director-style chairs
SPARES & EXTRAS
We have an abundance of spares and extras accumulated over the years, but the main items are:
- 3x Suspension Spring sets – suitable for front or rear to adjust setup
- 8x FF1600 wheels
- 8x LD200 ratios (various to allow for additional options at Knockhill plus required gears for other circuits - Anglesey, Oulton & Cadwell all tested)
- Stiffer ½” Rear ARB
- AIM lap marker beacon with battery
- BESPOKE car battery trolley
- BESPOKE tracking bars for string alignment
- Quick-Lift FF1600 jack
- Pair of low-stands
- 3x 20ltr jerry cans
In addition to the images here, many more are available on our website and Facebook pages linked in the advert. We can also supply deatiled photos as-required.
We will be racing this outfit one last time at Knockhill on the 10th of October and would invite interested buyers to attend and witness it in action for themselves. After that race meeting, it will be immediately available for sale and collection from Banff, Aberdeenshire. All you need is a trailer licence and you can drive it away complete and ready-to-race!
If desired, setup information and advice can also be supplied, primarily for Knockhill but with some other useful tips for some of the ‘south’ circuits which require a different approach.
Questions and enquiries all welcome.
Keyword Search Terms:ff1600, Formula Ford, Kent, Crossflow, van, trailer, LD200, ratios, gears, Van Diemen, Medina
Seller's other ads
|Trade or Private:||Private|
|Share by Email Print page Report Sold|