AUSTIN LANCER 1959 HISTORIC TOURING CAR
AUSTIN LANCER RARE OPPORTUNITY TO RACE AT GOODWOOD REVIVAL & MAJOR HISTORIC MEETINGS
1959 Austin Lancer (Series II):
The rare model is based on the BMC Australia Factory Team cars entered in the Armstrong 500; specifically the Castrol backed car (No.39c) driven by Brian Foley and Peter Edney.
· Competition prepared/seam welded body, fitted with a Caged Laser Engineering T45 roll cage.
· CMES 1860cc BMC B series race engine running on a Weber 48DCOE and a 3 synchro straight cut gear set, sitting within the original gearbox casing.
· Simpson racing custom exhaust manifold and side exit exhaust system.
· Uprated front anti roll bar. Uprated telescopic damper kit (front & rear), based on the original optional heavy duty suspension package offered by BMC Australia, along with uprated torsion bars and rear leaf springs.
· A rear 'A-frame' axle locator/stabiliser is mounted, with a competition LSD and uprated competition half shafts.
· BMC front discs and competition pads, with vented drum brakes at the rear.
· Running on 13” competition steel wheels, shod with the mandatory Dunlop Historic CR65 L-Section tyres.
· The car retains the original dash and instrumentation/switch gear, with a new steering column mounted dash pod housing custom Farringdon gauges and switch gear.
· New black interior panels were made and fitted to original factory pattern.
· A Tilton floor mounted pedal box system is in place of the original pedal arrangement.
· Safety equipment consists of a Racetech competition seat, a Lifeline zero360 electrically operated extinguisher, a lightweight lithium race battery with electrical ignition kill switches,
· 60ltr fuel safety tank
· Heated front screen fitted
This is a proven historic Touring Car that is ready to race this season.
Car be entered through the HRDC to the Donington Historic Festival 30th April.
Keyword Search Terms:Goodwood, Revival, Historic, HRDC, HSCC, CSCC, Touring Car,
Joined July 2006
Seller's other ads
|Company:||REVIVALIST CO LTD|
|Trade or Private:||Trade|
Share by Email