Classic (non race) Cars
The 917: A car for the asphalt eternity.
It is known as the gran señor of traditional racing cars. In the scene and beyond it is known as the "White Giant": the 917. Born out of the unconditional will to cause a sensation in the racing scene and to achieve sporting success, Ferdinand Piëch developed what he believes to be the "most risky car of his life". With a large displacement and a new 12-cylinder engine, he received homologation from the FIA in 1969 for its new flagship car. The first minor successes then revealed the potential of the 917.
Le Mans: the magic start.
Racing fans were thrilled by its powerful engine and elegant shape. But it was aerodynamic changes that brought the long-awaited great success in 1970: the 917 was able to reach the first two places at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Other titles followed over the next few years - also outside of Le Mans. In this way, 917 was able to put its stamp on the North American CanAm racing series on several seasons. Style and power - made by amazing engineering - are the hallmarks of this motorsport legend and will never be forgotten.
Project 917: The legend is still alive.
Also today - after more than 50 years - 917 is synonymous for elegance, performance and inspiration. In order to honor the "White Giant" we bring it back to life. We worked on the well-known difficulties like rigidity, safety and usability in order to give this sports car a new optimum. The Vehicle got completely redesigned in CAD according to the current standards of the automotive industry with development costs of around 1,000,000€, to build the latest technology under the classic shape. The "Project 917" is our memory of a classic icon and a declaration of love for racing at the same time. The vehicle details give you a more precise impression of it:
- Curb weight 95/48/EC: 820 kg
- Horsepower: 600 hp
- Torque: 850 Nm
- Length 4140 mm, Width 2037 mm, Height 920 mm, Wheelbase 2300 mm
- Divided basic structure of the vehicle made of aluminum-monocoque and rear steel space frame build of thin-walled chrome-molybdenum steel (25CrMo4)
- All fiber composite components made out of carbon (CFRP)
- Based on the original chassis, in terms of kinematics and adjustability, optimized with high-performance components from KW-Automotive/Eibach
- Brake System: Fully adjustable dual-circuit balance bar brake system and high-performance components from AP Racing/Tilton Engineering
- Air-cooled 3.6 liter Porsche 993 Turbo engine
- Short Porsche G50/G52 5-speed gearbox with lock
- Titanium exhaust system
- “MaxxECU” engine and vehicle electrical system control
This Car is NOT produced by Porsche. Project 917 is not affiliated in any way with Porsche. All company and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Keyword Search Terms:917, White Giant, Project 917, LeMans, Le mans, CN
Joined May 2019
Seller's other ads
|Company:||CN Fahrzeugbau GmbH|
|Trade or Private:||Trade|
Share by Email