Race Car Transport
2016 Spire GT3
For sale is a 2016 built Spire GT3, built to compete in the 750 Motor Club RGB formla, this is also eligible for racing in the 750 Motor Club Bikesports Class D formula and, OSS sports car championship.
The car needs no introduction, it is a pedigree of multiple lap record holding, multiple championship winning cars designed by Spire Sportscars.
This car was built over the winter of 2015 by a group of aircraft engineers and has been run as a privateer throughout the the complete 2016 RGB Championship by the owner, who raced it in his novice year, achieveing multiple top 10 finishes.
The car has been stripped down, cleaned and maintained to a very high standard throuhgout the season and from this has won the 2016 750Mc award for best prepared car.
This is not a standard factory built car. There are a number of upgraded components, custom designed and manufactured parts throughout the build that make it unique and much easier to work on.
- 2016 Spire GT3, Chassis No25
- Custom made panels from aircraft grade 2024 T4-6 aluminium, all panels powdercoated before fitting.
- All aluminium panels rearwards of rear bulkhead are quickly removable making the car very easy to work on.
- Latest design suspension components (lower wishbones, rear hubs)
- Protech 2-Way Adjustable dampers, Dampers valved and dynoed by Procomp Motorsport before cornerweighting and setup.
- Titan steering rack with bump steer corrected.
- Willwood Powerlite calipers, Adjustable brake bias pedalbox and full braided hoses fitted throughout.
- Latest specification bodywork, modifed to run approx 45mm lower than factory builds.
- 560kg with 3L of fuel and 82kg Driver (regulation limit).
- 1 set of dry wheels/tyres and one spare part worn set of tyres.
- 1 set of wet wheels/tyres used 4 times this season.
- Standard Suzuki GSXR 1000cc K8 engine, Fresh gearbox Aug 2016.
- Custom made wiring loom to suit application.
- Powercommander PCV.
- Rilltech Racing billet wet sump.
- Rilltech racing 1-off Inconel header system, Abtec Motorsport titainum secondary and side exit silencer (meets MSA Regulations for noise), Spare silencer and pipework also available.
- Electric water pump
- Setrab triple pass oil cooler, Rilltech racing oil rail adaptors.
- Rilltech racing F1000 airbox
- K5/6 Cable clutch conversion with K9 clutch adjuster to remove the troublesome K8 Hydraulic clutch.
- Electric reverse
- Quaife ATB LSD, Radical diff carrier.
- AIM MXL2 GPS Logging Dashboard - FW Verson 01.24.00
- Realtime lap data whilst on track, sectors and previous best time tracking whilst on track.
- AIM Race studio 2 analysis software for logging.
- Direct link to engine ECU to retrieve all paramaters for logging/display. (rpm, temperatures, voltages)
- Brake pressure/Bias, Oil temp/pressure, fuel pressure, suspension travel data all available on dash displays for testing.
- Custom made wiring loom throughout, only 14 wires running form the front to back of the car.
To be eligible for the 2017 RGB season the car requires the engine sealing and a power run carried out at a designated rolling road. This can be discussed during sale agreement with potential buyers.
Support for the new owner is also available upon discussion for the upcoming season. Full set of build photos can be supplied on request.
Transportation of the car within the UK is available at a price negotiated at sale.
Below video is taken midway through the 2016 season. This was the drivers 6th race having never raced before the 2016 season. This shows how easy the car can be driven fast and be competitive.