Eligible for Masters Endurance Championship.
Simpson Motorsport are pleased to offer for sale their Lola 2009 Lola Coupe LMP2 car.
The car was formerly one of the two cars delivered by Lola Cars to Racing Box SRL in Italy, and competed in the 2009 ELMS Championship and LE MANS 24h that year. That year it was piloted by Thomas Biagi, Matteo Bobbi and Andrea Piccini. The car later that year went onto win the Vallelunga 6 hrs.
In 2010 the car ran in selected rounds of ELMS and unfortunately didn’t complete after the team’s entry wasn’t accepted by the ACO. At the end of 2010 Racing Box was put into administration by the Italian Authorities.
The car was brought by the Italian Sportscar racer Ranieri Randaccio. Simpson Motorsport purchased the car late in 2018 and have since this point given the car a full rebuild. A list of the major works is below.
· Fully Crack tested Suspension, with all new bearings, spherical/ rose joints fitted with New NAS hardware
· New fuel cell with new pumps and lines (2018)
· Fresh Judd DB 3.4 Spint Spec Engine purchased from Judd in June 2018
· Fully cracked tested gearbox components and service
· Restored 2009 Period Livery
· Fully modernised electronic system with a completely new chassis loom fitted alongside Motec M150 ECU with paddle shift control, Traction Control and logging, Motec C125 dash integrated steering wheel, with Motec PDM and KYB electric power steering.
The car had its first public viewing at the 77th Goodwood Members meeting. The car comes with a suitable spares package. Currently fitted onto Dunlop rubber with a new set of slicks, wets and Inters.
We can also provide full support to run this car in 2019.
Please contact Julian
+44 7855 268103