Race Car Transport
All personal information collected and used from the racecarsdirect site will be processed in accordance with the 1998 Data Protection Act.
In order to place an advertisement on the racecarsdirect web site, you will need to register. We will require you to supply your name, e-mail address, postal address and postcode. You may also be required to supply payment details for your adverts. Registrants are also presented with the option of supplying their mobile and land line numbers, Credit Card information is collected through our payment partner 'WorldPay' over a secure connection, ssl encryption is employed to ensure sensitive data is protected.
In order to conduct a search on the racecarsdirect web site, we will require you to supply a selection of identifying criteria matching your chosen requirements, for example make, model and price.
USE OF INFORMATION
racecarsdirect.com is owned and operated by Going Faster Ltd and information supplied in this site may be shared with other companies operated by the owner. When you register with our site, we ask you whether you would like to receive our email newsletters detailing changes to the site, offers and services from third party companies via email and/or via post that we feel may be of interest to you. You have the ability to opt-out of receiving all or any of these offers during registration.
We have taken measures to ensure that information supplied to us is held securely. As a consequence - we may occasionally request proof of identity before allowing access to your personal information.
You have the right to access all personal information supplied to racecarsdirect and rectify any inaccuracies on the information held (a charge of £10 may be administered). Further enquiries should be made by email Contact Us
If you wish to access your personal details as held by racecarsdirect, a charge of £10 will be made.
Amendments and Updates to this policy may be made from time to time. Any revisions will be posted on this page so you will always be aware of what information we collect.
Telephone numbers and email addresses supplied as part of a vehicle advertisement will be published within the relevant advertisement for the duration of the booking, to enable a potential buyer to contact the seller.
Credit or Debit card information is used solely for the purpose of payment processing, Going Faster Ltd T/A racecarsdirect retains no record of credit or debit card details.
Email addresses are collected in order to send registrants their chosen password, providing them with online access to their registration details. The user can access this information at any time in order to update their details or change the option on whether they would like to receive communication from racecarsdirect or selected third parties. Other registration information is collected in order:
- To generate an overall audience profile of visitors using the racecarsdirect web site. This information is then used to assist in developing relevant content on the site as well as ensuring that motorsport trade advertisers looking to reach specific audience groups are encouraged to place their stock, advertising or promotions on the site.
- To provide our web site visitors with the option to receive the racecarsdirect email bulletins, as well as the option to receive email and postal offers from selected third party companies that racecarsdirect believes may be of interest to them. better target that visitor with relevant and timely consumer offers by email or post, providing that visitor has opted to receive notification on such offers.
- To support our E-alerts functionality - whereby visitors to our site can store settings on vehicle/product searches and/or set up alerts to be notified (by email) - when a specified vehicle/product appears for sale on the racecarsdirect web site. Unless a visitor supplies their email address, we are unable to send such alerts.
When you visit our web site we issue a "cookie" or unique identification code that enables us to recognise your computer and store settings to help facilitate your use of our site.
If your computer is configured to accept cookies we may be able to provide time saving functionality such as:
- unhindered access to all the fields within our advanced search settings.
- ready access to an online record on past advertisements you may have placed via the site.
- access to our E-alert functionality.
- If your computer is cookie enabled we are also able to limit the number of occasions you are exposed to certain display advertisements on our site (such as banners and pop-up boxes). On most occasions this will mean you never see the same pop-up advertisement more than twice each time you visit the racecarsdirect web site.
- Please note you may need to enable cookies in your browser in order to place an advert. For further information on cookies or for details on how to delete them or refuse their installation on your computer, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/
- To enable the delivery of functionality that improves the ease and speed of using the racecarsdirect web site.
- To frequency cap display advertisements, particularly pop-up boxes. By limiting advertisement exposure we provide a more compelling user experience for site visitors and also ensure that advertisements on racecarsdirect are more evenly spread across our user base.
- To enable us to track the relative demand for different types of items on the site. Such information enables us to better target advertising at users searching for specific items.
- To enable us to track the relative popularity of disparate parts of our site. This in turn enables us to concentrate our efforts on developing those parts of the site that are generating the greatest consumer demand.