1987 Nissan 300ZX IMSA GTU - SOLD
This is now SOLD. Search for similar items.
1987 Nissan 300ZX IMSA GTU
This 1987 Nissan 300ZX was originally campaigned by George Alderman in IMSA's 3.0-liter GTU class and underwent a bare-tub restoration between 2016 and 2019 by Racecraft of Woodinville, Washington. USA www.racecraftnw.com Everything is new or refurbished to as new condition. Very easy to drive and very competitive in class with other IMSA and Trans Am tube-framed cars. Very common parts so easy to keep on the track and maintain.
- The car features a fiberglass body originally built by Genesis Engineering, finished in yellow over a steel tube frame. 4 wheel independent suspension. Completely TIG welded chassis, desinged by Bob Cunio who did many of the best race winning chassis' in the era.
- Engine is a naturally-aspirated 3.0-liter VG30E V6 mated with a four-speed manual dog ring transmission.
- Aluminum flywheel with 5.5" 3 disc tilton clutch
- Aluminum driveshaft
- Custom Z Car Garage CV rear drive shaft axles
- Very rare 3 piece 16" Panasport wheels, stripped down, crack checked and fully refurbished.
- Barnes dry sump pump
- Nissan R200 long neck rear differential with an O.S. Giken limited-slip differential. Differential pump and cooler.
- Penske coil over shocks
- Electronic fuel injection with MS3-Pro ECU, Jenvey individual throttle bodies, very rare Nissan Motorsport cross ram intake manifold. Excellent running condition with only 3.5 hrs. of run time.
- 962 fiberglass seat with Schroth harnesses
- Raced at the 2021 and 2022 Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion. Entered for the 2023 event, accepted entry will come with the sale of the car.
- Excellent IMSA race history and documentation from new. Driver's from the 80's era include George Alderman, Bobby Rahal, Max Jones, Morris Clement, Chuck Kurtz, Butch Leitzinger
- SPARES: 2nd set of restored Panasport wheels, original Genesis Engineering body molds
- I may consider interesting modern street car trades towards the deal.
Video from 1987 Portland IMSA race https://www.flickr.com/photos/racecraft/52500243855/in/album-72157712516978048/
Video from Aug. 2022 Rolex Reunion https://www.flickr.com/photos/racecraft/52500791088/in/album-72157712516978048/