Pre 63 Flat floor FIA E Type with fresh Sigma Engi - SOLD
This is now SOLD. Search for similar items.
Very much priced to move as i am stepping away from historic racing. Cost is the fraction of a new build but just as competitive.
Any questions just call.
- This 1961 Series 1 Jaguar E-Type is a particularly early, ‘flat floor’ example of the iconic classic British sports car, which has been extensively rebuilt to FIA racing specifications using an array of high-the highest quality parts.
- Under the bonnet is a 3.8-litre straight-six, fed by triple SU carburettors, driving the rear-wheels via a four-speed manual transmission.
- The 140th left-hand drive Fixed Head Coupe (FHC) built, this E-Type boasts the desirable ‘flat floor’ specification.
- When rebuilt for racing it was converted to righty-hand driver, and was granted an FIA HTP in 2016 in Category E.
- the car is competitive and incredibly well-balanced, with a previous impressive showing at the Donington Historic Festival, where it qualified 0.1 off pole despite a gearbox issue.
- It is also noted that the car only missed out on a podium at the 2022 Silverstone Classic by a few hundredths of a second following a puncture that cost more than 30 seconds in the pits.
- The has also been fitted with a stiffer anti-roll bar.
- and various other imrpovements since I took it over
This early ‘flat floor’ Jaguar E-Type Series 1 3.8 FHC is an appealing classic racer, upgraded to FIA-compliant specification and with the HTP on file. It is reported to be a quick and very well-balanced car that is a pleasure to drive, and is now ready to be taken on by another enthusiast seeking a desirable 1960s coupe to compete in the best historic meetings such as Goodwood Le Mans Classic Spa six hour etc.