2007 Aston Martin Vantage N24 - Road registered - SOLD
This is now SOLD. Search for similar items.
2007 Aston Martin Vantage N24
Aston Martin built and road registered, this accomplished example of Aston Martin’s first Gaydon built ‘off the shelf’ race car, conceived by former Aston Martin CEO, Dr Ulrich Bez and built within the newly formed Special Vehicle Operations based at the Gaydon factory. Boasting 410 bhp and weighing in at 1330kgs, some 250kgs lighter than the standard Vantage road car.
Built for the purpose of endurance racing, the N24 first made its competitive outing on the notorious Nordschliefe circuit, in the Nurburgring 24hrs in 2006, finishing a highly respectable 4th in class and 24th overall (out of 220 entrants!)
Following the N24’s initial and successful outings, a total of just 14 N24’s were constructed, by Aston Martin’s Special Vehicle Operations prior to motorsport competition engineers Prodrive, continuing production and eventual evolution of the N24, into the GT4.
The N24 on offer, is one of the first 14 Aston Martin built examples and believed to be 1 of only 4 to have been certified and registered with DVLA for road use. Built with the 6-speed manual transmission and driven by the first owner primarily on the road, the car was subsequently prepared by Velocity Motorsport and raced in a select number of AMOC and GT4 Challenge races, including the Le Mans Aston Martin Festival 1 hour race, in 2012.
By 2019 and with a fresh Aston Martin N24 4.3 litre race engine installed, this car was safety updated and fully prepared, prior to a shakedown test at Silverstone that year. It was planned to be raced in 2020, however with the advent of the Covid pandemic and resultant lockdowns, the 2020 season was cancelled. Put away into professional storage, the car has remained unraced since preparation. This competitive N24 is now eligible for inclusion in the newly created Masters Historic Racing GT Trophy (for 2007-2018 GT4, Challenge and Cup cars), currently run in conjunction with the prestigious, Endurance Legends race series.
An extremely rare opportunity to acquire a rare road registered Aston Martin factory built Vantage N24, updated and prepared for racing, for track events or for road use. A comprehensive spares package is included with the car, including handbrake fittings, spare wheels, exhaust components, suspension components, springs, lamps, hoses, hydraulic pipes and running essentials. A list is available on request.
Available for viewing now at our Hertfordshire showrooms.
Manufacturers Vantage N24 specifications included:-
- Engine modified to enhance throttle response and performance; including lightning and balancing of the crankshaft, conrods and pistons.
- Cylinder heads re-profiled to optimise compression ratio and gas flow
- Engine management system calibrated for race use.
- Free flow exhaust system and catalysts plus improved air filters and secondary air injection
- Power output of 410bhp (305KW) at 7500rpm
- 6-speed manual transmission with Valeo twin plate cerametalic racing clutch and lightweight flywheel
- Facia moulding re-trimmed in Alcantara.
- Console and door casings replaced by lightweight mouldings
- Full high strength steel roll cage
- Recaro Pole Position competition shell drivers seat
- Passenger seat with safety harness (optional extra)
- A suede-trimmed steering wheel with a quick release mechanism
- Schroth six-point safety harness with a push button release.
- Underframe and body discreetly modified to save weight
- Tapping plates to accommodate the use of pneumatic jacks
- Motor sport towing eyes attached to the chassis.
- Side and rear windows in clear polycarbonate – sliding opening on the driver’s side
- Quick release bonnet and tail latches
- Larger diameter front and rear anti-roll bars
- Adjustable ride height aluminium dampers
- Single rate flat ground springs with separate helper springs
- Modified front subframe with extra camber and castor
- Brakes uprated with Pagid RS 29 race pads
- Dynamic stability control, traction control, ABS and electronic brakeforce distribution carried over from the standard car
- Modified sill panels with carbonfibre inserts. Grille with less horizontal slats, lightened wing vent brightwork.