Defender Rally Series 2024
BOWLER RALLY DEFENDER 2024 SEASON
With the Defender Rally Series, Land Rover & Bowler have developed a race programme which takes participants on an exciting rally adventure starting with the UK championship and building to European Baja’s and Desert Rally Raid events should clients choose.
The Bowler team bring a wealth of knowledge and experience which ensures all of our drivers/owners get the best level of support and mentoring; enable them to progress to the level they are comfortable with. Participants from all backgrounds are welcome; some teams join with circuit racing experience, others have participated in Rally Sport, many have no motorsport experience but have always aspired to become rally drivers – Bowler can help drivers achieve their ambitions.
When buyers purchase a car, they are buying into a regulated 7 round championship which is included in the purchase price along with training and full team support.
The Rally Car is based on the Land Rover Defender 90 with a 300PS 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine. Bowler uses its long experience of competition to transform it into a rally car with a full roll cage, modified underbody, raised suspension, rally-spec 18-inch wheels and column-mounted paddle shifters. Since going on sale in 2020 the Land Rover Defender has won acclaim from customers and media for its unstoppable capability, engaging drive and overall robustness. The more compact shorter wheelbase Defender 90 proved a fantastic platform to build a multi discipline rally car.
Each Rally Defender is completely stripped back to install a full FIA standard roll cage. The front and rear subframes are modified and given additional bracing for a new bespoke performance suspension set-up. Designed in collaboration with Fox, it increases the ride height by 25mm. This purposeful stance is enhanced by new Bowler rally-spec 18-inch wheels. Bowler’s engineers have provided a suite of electronic components, from fire protection and electrical cut-offs to additional lighting and vehicle control systems – all fully integrated into the existing electrical architecture. Competition race seats are installed, and the gear selector is repositioned for the optimal racing position. Bowler developed column-mounted paddle shifts complete the transition. During the conversion Bowler subtly modify and stiffen the already extraordinarily rigid Defender bodyshell to cope with
the extreme conditions of off-road competition. The standard doors are trimmed to remove the sill covering section, which allows the fitment of full-length, side-to-side underbody protection panels.
A modified front end increases airflow to the cooling system and houses additional race-level lighting, while a new roof spoiler houses additional rear lighting.
Structural body and chassis:
- Monocoque bracing
- Full internal roll cage integrated with body and linking suspension mounts
- Internal spare wheel mount integrated to roll cage
- Recovery points
- Rally-spec gearbox cross member + stiffened mounts
- Strengthened engine mounts
- Braced front and rear subframes
- Front suspension and rear turret brace
- Strengthened radiator mounts
- Adapted chassis and subframe mounts
- Rally Jacking Points (Pin Type)
- Cooling – auxiliary radiators removed and system redesigned to increase airflow to main radiator
- Increased transmission cooling capacity
- Bowler 18” wheels with increased strength
- All-terrain tyres
- Bespoke suspension design with modified subframes, new springs and unique turrets for increased stiffness
- Bespoke Fox dampers
- Race steering wheel
- High level air intake
- Front upper wishbone revised to reflect new ride height geometry
- ECU system integration with race box
- ABS/DSC – rally control modifications
- New integrated wiring harness for additional components
- New rally-spec facia
- Additional Navigator controls for lights/washer/horn
- Rally system integration with JLR safety systems
- Adapted body control unit
- High-level rear marker lights
- Alpine, door and rear windows replaced with polycarbonate
- Race sports seats with specific race seat mounts (Various Size options available).
- 6-point race harness
- Integrated and fire suppression
- Electrical cut-off switches – internal and external
- Complete removal of all airbag systems
- Front bumper adapted to take new underbody protection
- Bowler front grille with increased air flow
- Rear roof spoiler with extended profile and integrated additional reversing lights
- Front and rear wing shields to meet new underbody protection
- Wheel arch extensions utilising accessory fitment
- Door lowers – protection pieces on shortened doors
Rally Function & Protection
- Additional bonnet-mounted windscreen washers
- Front driving lights for increased night driving illumination (optional additional Lazer Linear 18 Elite)
- Rally-spec mudflaps
- Full underbody protection system – 6mm aluminium reinforced design
- Column-mounted paddle gear shift
- Rear door manual release mechanism
- Composite Wheel arch liners – increased strength to meet rally requirements
- Designed for future capability upgrades
The Defender Rally Series marks the inaugural programme since Land Rover acquired Bowler in 2019. 2022 saw the establishment of the innovative Defender Challenge race series in the UK. 2024/5 will bring further opportunities to race in the UK, Europe and beyond. You could be racing with Bowler in 2024
Entries are open for 2024 season with very limited spaces available, for further information please contact Bowler via Social Media or through its Website.
Note Price Shown includes VAT - finance options are available via our 3rd party partner. Please feel free to contact us to discuss any questions or thoughts regarding your participation.
Keyword Search Terms:Rally, Rally Raid, Baja, International, Championship, amateur, motorsport, challenge, alternative
Joined November 2022
Seller's other ads
|Trade or Private:
Share by Email